The ACM Festival Choir is a community vocal ensemble of adults from the greater Puget Sound area. Festival Choir rehearsals are held at Faith Presbyterian Church, 620 S Shirley St., Tacoma, Washington. On January 16, 2018, rehearsals will begin for our Easter performance of Handel’s Messiah. We plan to present Messiah at Merrill Gardens, Tacoma, on March 13, 2018, and at Faith Presbyterian Church, Tacoma, on March 25, 2018.
In the Festival Choir you will:
- Experience the joy of singing with others from the Puget Sound community.
- Improve your singing through weekly rehearsals and final performances. The selected choral works are challenging yet accessible to average music readers. We look for singers that blend well in ensemble.
- Give the gift of excellent music including choral anthems and classic masterworks. (Past performances have included Handel’s Messiah and Mendelssohn’s Elijah.)
You will be asked to:
- ATTEND faithfully the rehearsals and work hard to learn your music at home.
- WEAR black concert attire as follows:
- Men: black, long-sleeved open-collared shirt, black slacks, black socks, black shoes. If an undershirt is worn, it must not show. V-neck undershirts are recommended.
- Women: ankle-length black dress or ankle-length black skirt with black blouse, black nylons or black tights, black shoes.
- SING in the performances.
- #22 – Behold the Lamb of God
- #24 – Surely He Hath Borne Our Griefs
- #25 – And with His Stripes We Are Healed
- #26 – All We Like Sheep
- #28 – He Trusted in God
- #33 – Lift up Your Heads
- #44 – Hallelujah
- #46 – Since by Man Came Death
- #53 – Worthy Is the Lamb That Was Slain/Amen
Free dowload or listen online
|Location:||Choir Room (downstairs), Faith Presbyterian Church,
620 S. Shirley St., Tacoma, WA 98465 (5 minutes west of I-5 off SR16, and 3 minutes from the Narrows Bridge)
|Time:||Tuesdays 7:15-8:45 pm September – December & January – April. Rehearsal schedule here.|
Contact Elissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text (253) 254-6109